Monday, December 7, 2015

NCMA

A piece I had an immediate reaction to was Out of the Box, because it was so large and dimensional.  I liked the swirls and texture, because it reminded me a lot of nature. I thought it kind of looked like a bird's nest.

A piece that I didn't have a reaction to until after I looked at it closer was The Bad Promise. At first I didn't realize that the artist used paper and collage to create the raindrops/teardrops. I also didn't notice all the detail of the hand which I really liked. I also found the misshapen hand interesting.

A piece that I didn't really he was Elegy Study because there wasn't any kind of explanation or description that allowed me to understand what it was. To me it was just boring, but maybe that's just because I have no idea what it's supposed to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment