Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Post-Modern Principles Project

For this project I chose to use the principle text in order to create my piece.  I decided I wanted to make art relating to dance, because I've been dancing since I was three. I wanted to use the dancer's body to make the letters, and I got the idea to make them spell out "evolution of a dancer" because that is the theme for my dance studio's recital. Evolution of a dancer is supposed to represent a dancer's journey beginning from when they are little and as they evolve they become more flexible and creative. I showed this through the letters because the dancer starts out as a little girl making basic shapes to create a letter and  she evolves into an older dancer that creates more complicated shapes. I used pen on illustration board and framed it with different papers to add color.



2 comments:

  1. yoooooooooooooooooo maddy I love all your projects all the time! Always a cool idea with an interesting way to demonstrate it... Im your number one biggest fan for sands art!! ygg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo good! You came up with a fantastic concept and executed it really well. The style is super creative and I love how the piece has a deeper personal meaning for you because of your recital.

    ReplyDelete