Thursday, September 12, 2013

What's the Point?

Some of my solutions were pencils, finger pointing, an arrow, a dancer, and point on a map. I choose the pencil idea because I thought I could be more creative and expand on my idea by adding an eraser, pencil sharpener, unsharpened pencils, a piece of paper and pencil shavings.  I showed contrast with overlapping the pencil over the paper, adding shadows, and making value with cross hatching, contour lines, and stippling. I decieded to use pen and ink as my medium because I knew I wanted to do stippling and pen would be a good option. The techniques I used was stippling, contour lines, cross hatching, and overlapping. I took a risk by using stippling which takes up a lot of time and using pen because its harder to add value with pen. I also can't erase pen so if I made a mistake it would be hard to fix.  The message was about opposites and the literal point of the pencil lead.  The opposites are the sharpened and unsharpened pencils, and the sharpener and eraser.

No comments:

Post a Comment