Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting



To organize my painting I cut out pictures from magazines and used them to draw a textured landscape with marker on a piece of paper.  I used the marker landscape to know the layout of my painting.  Then I had to include atmospheric perspective which is having a sky, background, middle ground, and foreground.  I created this by having sand, water, an island, and a sunset.  My light source was created with shadows around the plant.  My color scheme was analogous using blues and some purple and green.  The brush strokes used for the sky were horizontal and long, but I used small, short brush strokes for the island trees and plant.  I used value in my painting in the sky by making the top of the the sky darker than the bottom.  I also made the water lighter as it was closer to the sand.  I also used value when creating the cast shadow of the plant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment